Tigers Nip Booters On Late OT Score

By Marco L. Quazzo, Special to the Crimson

PRINCETON, N.J.- Princeton Striker Yun Fisherman always seems to find a way to score.' Going into last night's contest against the Harvard team, the talented sophomore had tallied 10 of the Tigers 14 goals this season executing hat tricks in two games.

But last night Fishman kept Princeton funs on the edge of their seats for nearly 108 minutes before once again working his magic With the game knotted at one in the second over time period: the Tiger striker took a pass from teammate Paul Khoury, seampered around Crimson fullback Many Sabelli, and sure-footedly blasted the ball to the left of goalie Phil Coogan, 'sealing a 2-1 victory for the Orange and Black.

Fishman's shot with 205 left to pay not only decided the game but also marred an otherwise sterling performance by Harvard's Sabelli, who had doggedly tracked Fishman for the entire Game, never allowing him a clean shot. Coogan also played admirably, defying gravity with leaping, sprawling catches several times en route recording 13, saves.

Alterwards, Coogan credited the Tiger attack for keeping him busy. "They shot very well all game, but the last goal should have been a save.

Princeton put constant pressure on the Crimson defense. Twice in the first half Tiger shop ricocheted off the left Harvard goalpost, but with nothing to show for it on the scoreboard. Princeton remained frustrated throughout the first half. Harvard meanwhile, penetrated the Tiger defense at the 42;56 Mark Captain Lance Ayrault took a rebound of a Johan Aha shot in the goalmouth and fined it past netmider Tom Roberts to give the Crimson the early lead.

Princeton retaliated just two minutes into the second half on a freak play that caught Coogan flat-footed. In the confusion, surrounding a rebound of an earlier shot. Tiger striker. Steve Milke managed to slip a slow dribbler past "an immobile Coogan on the other side of the net Screened on the play, the Harvard goalie never saw the shot until it was in.

Last night's loss drops the booters record to 3-6, including three losses in overtime games. Coach Jape Shattuck, however, walked off the field with his head unbowed.

"I thought we played our hearts out tonight, he said, "It's probably a victory for us to take this game into overtime. I can't imagine a team with more lightinh spirit--our courage and intensity kept us in the game."

Midfielder Leo Lanzillo said it all just after it ended. "What can you do?" he said .

The booters take to the pitch again next, Saturday when they meet Brown at 11 a.m.