Women Sweep, Men Split Against Elis, Tigers

Princeton Outruns Harvard, Yale Men

The Harvard men's cross country team defeated Yale for the first time in two years, but Princeton downed the harriers in yesterday's tri-meet at Franklin park.

The Tigers dominated with an astounding 15 points. Harvard ended up with 61, and Yale trailed with a score of 66 Princeton has yet to love a meet this season, and the Tigers were the easy favorites to capture the tri-meet levels.

"They've been strong all year," said Harvard Coach Frank Haggerty. "Princeton gives as something to aim at."

Haggerty was "very pleased" to top Yale, the owners of a 2-4 league record. Harvard is now 5-2 in the Ivies.

Junior Paul McNulty was the first Crimson finisher, crossing the finish line of the 10 kilometer course with a time of 30-45. Eric Schuler placed second for the Harriers.

Senior Captain Andy Regan "ran his best race of the year," according to Haggerty. He finished third for Harvard and 16th overall in a time of 31:11.

Freshman Paul Kent finished 17th overall, just behind Regan.

Harvard's chances to keep pace with Princeton would have been better if freshman Paul Gompers hadn't sprained his ankle. The Crimson phenom was unable to finish the race. In addition, Paul Jelley ran in spite of illness.

Although Princeton trounced Harvard. Haggerty believes his squad will perform well in the Hectagonal Championships next Friday at Van Courtlandt Park, New York. The Ivy schools, along with Army and Navy, will compete.

The Crimson mentor believes his charges have a chance to bring home to crown. "They're going to win it," Haggerty said. "That's their attitude."