Tenants

Privitern, who tenants cities will controls the Ellsworth complex despite his transfer of sole trusteeship in 1980 to his legal secretary. Victoria Sprague of Somerville.

Sprugue--an official of Apex Realty Trust which now owns the building--could not be reached for comment last night.

"The theme that emerged from the rally Travers said, "is that an attack on one is an attack on every tenant in the city."

Travers said the shooting is only the most violent example of harassment against him. Since he moved into the building In 1979 and began organizing tenants. Travers said his electrical fuses have been removed after he requested a city health inspection and his apartment was broken into after he refused to pay sent increase.

The shooting occurred while travers was attending a tenants', meeting in an adjacent apartment he said. "I joked and said, 'They missed,'" he explained.

Travers added that both incidents occurred the night before scheduled court hearing on his pending eviction litigation with his landlord.