Keeping Track

A second major computer purchase which would make large quantities of equipment available to faculty and students is in its final stages, administrators say, but they are unsure of wher it will be completed.

Although he refused to specify with what companies they are negotiating. Dean of the Division of Applied Sciences Paul C. Martin '52 said that the arrangement is now in the hands of the lawyers, and the office of the Vice President for Administration Robert Scott.

* * * * *

The University will honor three alumni for "extraordinary service to Harvard" by presenting them with Harvard medals at next month's commencement.

Albert H. Gordon '23, donor of the Indoor Track and Tennis Center and Chairman of the $350 million Harvard Campaign, Susan Storey Lyman '49, former chairman of the Radcliffe Board of Trustees, and David T. W. McCord '21, once the University's chief fundraiser, will all receive the awards from President Bok.

The Harvard Alumni Association has awarded the medals since 1981.

* * * * *

Incoming Vice-President for Government and Community Affairs John H.F. Shattuck discussed his new job over lunch with the Corporation Monday afternoon.... Dean of the Faculty Henry Rosovsky will receive an honorary degree at Branders University's Commencement exercises May 20. He will be awarded a doctorate in Humane Letters. Rosovsky reportedly turned down the Brandeis presidency during his tenure as dean.....New Archbishop of Boston Bernard F. Law '53 will meet with Catholic undergraduates here Monday night.

* * * * *