For Informed Coverage Of the Foundation

MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

I subscribe to The Harvard Crimson and am writing in response to articles that have covered the Race Relations Foundation and its director. S Allen Counter The tone of these articles is very brased, overlooking positive contributions that the Race Relations Foundation has made.

S. Allen Counter has helped many students, myself included, secure jobs in the Biological and Biochemical Laboratories. This help included information about the research that various professors are doing, and general encouragement. These efforts have not been publicized.

Also, I disagree with the statement in an April 15 editorial. "An Infirm Foundation," by Wendy L. Wallj that "most non-minority students have ignored the Foundation." As a member of the Percy I. Julian Science Organization who worked on publicity for the lecture given by Dr. Masse, I found that many non minority students who have helped expressed interest in finding out more about the Race Relations Foundation.

I expect to see more informed coverage of the Race Relations Foundation. Carol A. Somersille '83