Scalise

out his signature 12 days after the alleged was incident, was submitted to a May 12 Brookline Couropre-hearing, at which court officials decided to push ahead with an arraignment once the detective returns to sign the form.

Brookiles court and police officials declined to discuss the alleged incident beyond reading the formal charge, saying that state law prohibits them from releasing additional informations to an assault-related complaint until an arraignment takes place.

But the Brookline police log indicates that on Friday, April 16, only one alleged assault and battery was reported to the town police. At 10:34 p.m., the log reports, the station received word that "one person [was] transported to the [Beth Israel hospital] for lacerations to the head."

The log reports the victim was 16-years-old Eddie Flood, of 15 prince Street. It does not report any arrest associated with the incident.

The boy's mother, Peggy Flood, confirmed last night her son was struck with a baseball bat and received "stitches in his head" at Beth Isreal. She added she has been informed that Sealise did not carry out the alleged assault, but that "there is a question of his car being involved."

She confirmed that she expects Sealise's arraignment soon and a trial thereafter, but declined to comment further, "I would hate to hurt this man if he s innocent," she said.

Beth Israel officials last night declined to discuss Flood's alleged stay in the hospital.