Education for Action

MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

I was appalled to read the portrait of Education for Action in the Crimson article of April 30 about the role of Radcliffe at the University. Two E4A student staff and I talked about the history and current conditions at E4A during a one and a half hours discussion with the reporter. Despite this, the writer devised an inaccurate and misleading piece which I consider irresponsible journalism.

The writer twisted my remarks about the unique position of Education for Action when compared to Radcliffe's scholarly programs, to suggest that there is antogonism between E4A and other programs here. This is untrue. Since Education for Action was initiated by former President Bunting in 1966 the program has been warmly supported by her, President Horner, and the other administrators and staff at Radcliffe.

Yes, last year was a rough year because of moving the E4A office, but offices in two other buildings endured the same hardship while work went on to improve Radcliffe facilities. When the work was completed, E4A was given its first choice of location: two attractive rooms in the newly renovated Agassiz House. To imply that E4A has been victimized by the Radcliffe administration because of the condition of our furniture is absurd. To suggest this possibility serves only the questionable interest of the Crimson to distort fact and quote out of context in order to promote controversy. Suzanne W. Motheral   Program Director