Staffers Thrown Frisbees, Freebies At Harvard Fair

By Hin SONG Kim

More than 1000 University staff and faculty members, many holding red bags filled with free Frisbees, toothbrushes, calendars and popcorn, steamed in and out of Memorial Hall yesterday afternoon visiting the fourth annual Harvard Fair.

Thirty-eight Harvard agencies and organizations ranging from the American Repertory Theatre to the Harvard Police Department set up displays for the event sponsored by the Harvard Managers Exchange, a group of University staffers.

"This is an opportunity for the people who work behind the scenes to get acquainted with one another, as well as familiarize them with the services Harvard has to offer," said Douglas W. Renick, coordinator of the fair.

Displays featured films, brochures, promotional gifts and even an ice-sculpted cornucopia. The Office for Information Technology, which had four displays, claimed "Exhibit of the Year" honors.

The Food Services Department distributed 15 dozen doughnuts and 34 gallons of cider yesterday, according to Superviser David M. Lentini.

Door prizes ranging from gift certificates from University Health Services and the Peabody Museum, to a dinner for two at the Faculty Club supplemented the available freebies.

Entertainment was provided throughout the afternoon by the Harvard Band the Krokodillos, Radcliffe Pitches, Harvard Din and Tonics, and Uptown Express.

Rosemary M. Green, an admissions office staffer, said she enjoyed the festivities, adding. "It's a tremendous opportunity for personnel to get together and have a lot of fun."