Poor Design

THE MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

The Institute of Politics at the John F. Kennedy School of Government strikes again. Let's ignore the political bias of those who run the place as well as that of most of the guests they invite. Let's look simply at the design and, in particular, the amount of seating in the Forum. The story is that the Forum was designed by K-School students. Assuming that they have graduated and are now participating in the running of our government, it is not difficult to understand why we are in such a sorry state.

Those who arrived less than an hour before the beginning of the Midterm Assessment of Reagan (8 February) were ushered into little rooms and invited to watch the event on defective TV screens. The lack of seating in the Forum is a tremendous disservice to the Harvard community. If the JOP cannot according those who interest is great enough to cause them to arrive an hour early, it should not hold public events.

The community would be well served if the Kennedy School were torn down and rebuilt along rational lines. On second thought, we might be better served if it were not rebuilt at all. Christopher S. Forman '83