Ceremony for Wyatt

Joe B. Wyatt, who left his post as Harvard's vice president for administration this summer to become the chancellor of Vanderbilt University, in Nashville, will be forms y installed tomorrow and his old boss will be on hand for the occasion.

President Bok will give the keynote address at the afternoon ceremony, which features choral music and a series of official benedictions, invocations, and greetings by Vanderbilt faculty, students, alumni, and trustees.

At Vanderbilt, chancellor is the university's highest post.

Meanwhile, a Vanderbilt women's group has released a statement that Wyatt's installation will be "clouded" by a former English instructor's set discrimination suit in federal court.

Elizabeth Langland, now an associate professor at Converse College in South Carolina, sued Vanderbilt on February 11, charging the university with a "general policy" of sex discrimination.

The statement, released by Women's Equity at Vanderbilt, also says that the group's "activities in support of equitable treatment of faculty and staff women are considered by some to have been a factor in [Vanderbilt's] decision to select the new chancellor from outside the university.