Drama Club

A group of freshmen have formed a drama club with the hope of presenting an original musical each year, following the success of their show "Musical" this spring.

The new Harvard-Radcliffe Off-Key Musical Theater Company met last week with Dean of Students Archie C. Epps III as a first step towards receiving official recognition from the College, organizer Scott E. Miller '86 said yesterday. Epps was "enthusiastic and receptive," another member added.

Miller, who wrote the recently staged "Musical" said "The idea is to turn the entire process of writing and running a musical into a group project--someone will write the lyrics for one song, someone else do the next, and then we'll put it all together at the end."

Although currently the club's membership now includes only a dozen people associated with "Musical" Miller said it will be open to all students.

Christ D. Roy '86, another founder, said he hopes funds for the group will be provided by the Undergraduate Council or through an arts-supporting program on campus. We'll go and beg in the Square," he added.