About The Crimson Poll...

The Crimson staff polled 335 undergraduates--about 5 percent of the College's students--between May 23 and 28, asking 39 questions on a variety of subjects.

Results to some of these questions appear in this year's Commencement issue on the front of five sections and alongside appropriate articles.

The topics range from studying habits and views of sexual mores to rate of lecture attendance and familiarity with local politics. The poll also questioned students on several national issues, including divestiture from companies doing business in South Africa.

Percentages are rounded to the nearest whole number. When asked about the range of accuracy for the random, telephone survey, Professor of Sociology James A. Davis said figures were statistically accurate within six percentage points.

Graphics by Thomas H. Howlett and Thomas J. Meyer.

The poll was conducted by Richard J. Appel, Martin F. Cohen, Michael F.P. Derning, Jesse M. Fried, Christopher J. Georges, Laura E. Gamez, Meredith E. Greene, Tammy Huang, Mary S. Humes, Holly A. Idelton, Rebecca J. Joseph, Charles T. Kurzman, Marie B. Morria, Catherine L Schmidt, John D. Solomon and Janet A. Titus.