Police Blotter

The Last week of exams was marked by a high number of small thefts and a relatively small number of serious crimes.

Police reported 30 larcenies of items worth less than $100 last week and only four larcenies of items valued at more than $100.

There were two reports of vandalism last week. Police warned five people off Harvard property and called three tines for medical assistance twice for an ambulance and once for the Cambridge Fire Rescue service.

Harvard Police made three arrests, one in Boston for possession of harcoties: and two in Cambridge in connection with the assault of police officer. None of the arrests involved students. Events of particular interest.

Friday, January 19: At 1:52 a.m. Harvard Police responded to a call at Straus Hall after students reported that a man chased them from Wadsworth Gate to Straus. The suspect is described as between 5'11" and 6'1" and Black. At the time of the incident he was yearing a dark gray overcoat, me student said.

A search of the area by police proved on successful in finding the suspect.

Sunday, January 21: At 10:07 p.m. Harvard Police stopped and questioned two undergraduates about vandalism that night in Barnard Hall Graffiti was spray painted in the basement of the building.

Both students were released after police notified the Dean of Students Disciplinary action is pending.

Also Sunday, a Cambridge resident was almost run over by a carin a racially related incident. At 1 a.m., the victim, who is Black was sitting in his car at River St, and Memorial Drive when three suspects, all described as white and male, pulled up beside him and began yelling racial insults. The victim parked his car on River St. and began to walk away. The suspects above at him in the sidewalk and then field shown River '54.

Police refused to release susblishmental information about the event.

Tuesday, January 23: A Cambridge men. Armed with a shotgun, threatened so shoot a Boston men whom he accused of stealing his parking space, on Fenno St. The Boston man escaped unharmed police have no suspects.

Wednesday, January 24: A Harvard art student sketching a painting at the Fogg Museum at 1:30 p.m. was approached by a man who first asked to kiss her and, when she refused grabbed hr and tried anyway. The student broke home but jul not report the event until Later police and because she did not consider the man dangerous.

The suspect in described as in white male in his late 20s to early the, medium build clean shaven, with dark brown hair. At the time of the incident the suspect was wearing a blue jean jacket dark suit pants and glasses with dark runs.

Security Council Meetings

A special meeting of the University security council earlier this month in the wake of two juveniles being charged for raping a freshman in her dorm room resulted in no major changes in security policy, police department sources said yesterday.

The meeting, which was called by Dean of Students Archie C. Epps III to discuss the January 7 incident. Concluded that so-called acquaintance rape-the type of rupe alleged by the freshman-can best be guarded against by increased awareness among students the sources said.

The council also heard preliminary reports on an extensive survey on lighting and security patrols across the University. Final results of the study are not yet available.