Racquetwomen Blank Brown

The Harvard women's squash team shut out Brown yesterday afternoon at Hemenway Gym to record its second win in as many attempts.

The Crimson totally dominated the match, pounding the Bruins by a 9-0 margin and taking 27 of the 28 games played.

As in last Saturday's victory over Trinity, the bottom half of the ladder had little trouble with the opposition.

Seniors Judy Hung and Virginia Pain, playing at the eight and nine sports, quickly disposed of their opponents without giving up a single game, while number seven Kate Dunham also came out on the long end of a 3-0 score.

Continuing the sweep, frosh Lucy Miller and Diana Edge, filling the five and six spots, both won handily.

The match proved to be a good warm up for the top four players, seniors Mary Hulbert, Laura Kaye and Diane Staley and junior Marty Winnick, all of whom will be travelling to the Princeton Invitational Tournament this weekend.

The big four had little trouble with the visitors, all coming away with 3-0 victories.

The wins were especially sweet for Hulbert and Kaye, who were coming off disappointing defeats at Trinity. Kaye was in command of her match all the way, defeating Brown's Sue Cutler by scores of 15-3, 15-10, and 15-11.

Hulbert, facing the Bruins' Jennifer Meagher--described by Crimson Coach Priscilla Choate its "very tough"--came out on top, 15-7, 15-7, 15-6. Meagher seemed frustrated and confused by the precise play of Hulbert, who was in control throughout.