Pudding

accompanied the three original members on piano last night. Moore added that he knew Cooke well when both were Harvard students and that "he's a strict director."

"We had many very talented people in the show" Moore remarked, including Robert H. Hepburn '35, Katherine Hepburn's brother, and Theodore Roosevelt III '36, the former President's grandson. Both men took the stage to sing with their fellow cast members last night.

But Cooke himself did not actually perform in the musical numbers, instead, he confined himself to armchair wit.

Aranchair Wit

Commenting on "I'm Outside and Looking in," Cooke explained that it was "a song sung by an outlander and an outlander in today's terms can be described as a nerd who didn't stand a chance of getting into the Pudding or the Vincent Club," the Pudding's Radcliffe contemporary then.

"I suppose today he could belong to both clubs and nobody would notice," he concluded to ripples of laughter and gentle hissing from the audience.

Cooke said this was the first time he had directed since 1934 when he was a two year Commonwealth Fellow at Harvard.

But Cooke still broadcasts his "Letter from America," the longest running program in the history of radio aired on the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Cooke will also continue to record his Masterpiece Theater segment at WGBH TV in Boston, said David O. Ives '41 Vice chairman of the station who attended last night's shows.