Police After Taxi Fiend

Short Takes

An unidentified man continues to cause grief for local cabbies in and around the Square, University police said yesterday.

After taking a cab from the Square to the Business School Thursday, he jumped out of the cab and quickly ran off without paying his fare.

According to police records, the man, described as approximately 35 years old, is suspected in a recent rash of similar incidents.

In another bizarre incident, Harvard police were called on to evict a man with red, blonde and green hair from the Science Center men's room Thursday night, according to University police.

Officers responded to calls from several students and told the technicolor trespasser never to return.

In other police news, Quincy House this week reported the loss of a cherished trophy. The mahogony plaque, first prize in last year's College-wide foosball tournament, disappeared from the Quincy House lobby sometime between October 5 and October 10.

At the medical school Wednesday, a employee reported the theft of jewelry valued at $1525 from the Channing Laboratory, police said. The woman told police that she removed her gold ring, gold bracelet, and snake bracelet and placed them on a shelf before she left the room to wash some glassware.

When she returned, her valuables were gone. There are no suspects in the case, police said.