Recent Currier Grad Picked as Top Model

Short Takes

A common face in Currier House last year is well on its way to becoming a face common to the whole Boston area.

Michael Anderson '84 signed a modeling contract with the Hart Agency after he graduated last June and Boston Magazine is featuring him in its January issue as one of the '85 Faces to Watch in '85" for his many appearances in catalogues and advertisements.

In addition, the former Government concentrator will begin the shoot of a NBC sports commercial which will appear across New England Anderson said he is not yet sure what the commercial will entail "Usually, you don't really know about the stuff you do beforehand you just show up and do it."

Even though Anderson makes up to $ 800 an hour as a model, he said that his full time job with the Boston Consulting Group takes top priority. As an associate, he helps the firm conduct studies to help large corporations plan marketing strategies.

After being "discovered" in his native city, Nashville, by the advertising director of the modeling firm Dee Cee, Anderson returned to Boston to find that modeling is not quite so exciting as the media might have one think. "After a while you get used to it, like any job." Anderson said, adding. "It's not a glamorous a career for men as it is for women, who can make more money and become stars, like Brooke Shields.

According to Boston Magazine writeup, "Anderson's rugged good looks have led Hard executive Bob Del Pozzo to state. 'Michael will skyrocker'."