Eliot House Senior Hosts Movie Actress Bo Derek

Hollywood came to Harvard yesterday as actress and model Bo Derek dropped by on a family friend in Elliot House and visited a Harvard law professor.

Derek, who has starred in such films as "10," "Bolero" and "A Change of Seasons," and her husband John, a well-known movie producer, visited Gary E. Woolf '87, the son of close friend Bob Woolf--a prominent Boston attorney who represents sports and entertainment celebrities.

The Dereks "came [to Boston] to spend some time with the [Woolf] family," said the younger Woolf.

After taking Woolf and his roommate, D. Kris Miller '87, to lunch at the Prudential Tower, the Dereks visited the John F. Kennedy Library for a special tour.

"I would describe her as the most beautiful woman I have ever seen," the dazzled Miller said later.

Later in the afternoon, around 4 p.m., the Dereks met with Harvard Law Professor Alan M. Dershowitz, who showed them the rare books library at the Law School.

"She's a beautiful, charming, and witty woman," Dershowitz said of the actress.

On their way back from the law school, the Dereks strolled through the Yard and stopped by Eliot House to see Woolf's room. They remained there for an hour before departing in a limousine for dinner at Quincy Market.

Woolf, who accompanied the Dereks throughout their stay here, called the actress "probably the most angelic woman I've ever met."

"There's a real aura about her," he said. "She really is everything you wouldn't expect her to be: intelligent, charming, and funny."