Police Bust Quincy Party, Also Nab Man With Gun

Harvard Police Saturday night broke up a party billed by its organizers as "Six Kegs Over Quincy" after several hundred party-goers packed the third floor of the house.

Meanwhile, police arrested a 28-year-old man allegedly carrying a firearm in the Quincy House basement.

The man, whom police identified as Mark Stephen Craig, alias Matthew Flaherty, was taken to the Harvard Police Station and then transferred to the Cambridge Police Station, according to police records.

He was being held at the Cambridge Police Station pending an arraignment in District Court this morning on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm, police said.

It could not be determined whether the man with the gun posed a threat to anyone at Quincy House before his arrest.

Police officers on duty last night refused to discuss the case, and their superiors could not be reached for comment.

Paul Erikson, the resident tutor on duty in the house Saturday night, said that when Craig was picked up by the police, he was "acting bizarrely," repeatedly shouting someone's name. Erikson would not disclose the name, but he said the person was not affiliated with the University.

The arrest was "completely unrelated" to the party, Erikson said.

Outta Hand

The "Six Kegs Over Quincy" party, which featured quantities of beer, was broken up at around midnight when Erikson said things "clearly got out of hand." The party was organized by a group of third floor residents, partygoers said.

Members of the group refused to discuss the Saturday night party.

Erikson said he called the police when he thought the crowd was large enough to constitute a fire hazard. He termed the party a "massive violation" of University and house policies which limit the size and scope of private parties.

Erikson said he did not know if the house wouldtake any disciplinary action against the membersof the rooming group.

Eliot P. Feldstein '88, a Quincy House residentwho was at the party, said that the house's thirdfloor was "a jungle." Erikson said one student wasfound "semi-conscious" near the third-floorstairwell lying in his own vomit. An ambulance wascalled, but by the time it arrived, the studenthad regained consciousness and refused to behospitalized.

Quincy House Senior Tutor Michael Donnelly alsorefused to speak to The Crimson about the party orthe arrest