Lowell House Junior Dies In Accident

By Sophia A. Van wingerden

A Lowell House junior died in an automobile accident early Wednesday morning while driving in his hometown of Northboro, Mass.

David C. Cassidy '87, who was 21-years-old, was killed when his car flipped over in a one-car accident, The Worcester Telegram reported. His brother Timothy, who was in the car at the time, survived the accident.

Cassidy graduated from St. John's High School in Shrewsbury, Mass., in 1983.

At Harvard, Cassidy concentrated in economics and was his house athletics secretary. Cassidy played for the varsity volleyball team and was on a four-year Navy ROTC scholarship.

Lowell Co-Master Mary L. Bossert described Cassidy as a quiet but active and well known member of the house. "People found him very friendly," Bossert said.

The funeral was held Saturday morning at First Parish Unitarian Church, and burial was at the Howard Street Cemetery in Northboro.

People who wish to make donations in Cassidy's memory are asked to contribute to the David C. Cassidy Scholarship Fund at St. John's High School.