Icewomen and Cagers Earn All-Ivy Honors

Harvard freshman Char Joslin was named yesterday the 1986-'87 women's hockey Ivy League Rookie of the Year. Joslin and junior Co-Captain Julie Sasner also were selected to this year's first team All-Ivy squad.

In addition, sophomores Brita Lind and Jennifer White garnered second team All-Ivy honors for their on-ice accomplishments.

Ancient Eight honors for women's basketball were also awarded yesterday, with sophomore Sarah Duncan copping first team All-Ivy honors and junior Co-Captain Sharon Hayes garnering second team honors. Junior Barb Keffer earned Honorable Mention for her achievements on the court as well.

Joslin registered 26 goals and 25 assists in her rookie campaign to power the Crimson (10-0 Ivy League, 19-4 overall) to its first-ever Ivy League championship. Her 51 total points set a new Harvard scoring record.

"I'm very happy," Joslin said.

"It was great working with Sas and Brita and having a great goalie behind me. It helped to contribute to my play."

Sasner led the Crimson in goals with 27 and also recorded 19 assists for a total of 46 points. Lind, last year's Ivy League Rookie of the Year, scored 12 goals and had 21 assists for 33 points.

Court Queens

Meanwhile, Duncan, a center, led the Crimson in rebounds (7.8 per game) and was second on the club in scoring (12.6 points per game).

Hayes broke a three year-old Harvard record by scoring 375 points this season--tops on the Crimson. The junior also averaged 14.4 points per game and pulled down 4.5 boards per game.

Keffer finished the season averaging 11.4 points and 2.8 rebounds. In addition, the junior now holds the all-time Harvard assist record after handing out 109 assists in 1986-'87.