...While Women Tie for 28th at Easterns

By Colin F. Boyle

The women's track team tied for 28th place in the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference meet Saturday and yesterday at Coxe Cage in New Haven, Conn.

Villanova won the ECAC meet with 86 team points. 14 more than George Mason, last year's winner, could muster this year.

Crimson freshman Meredith money provided Harvard with its only point of the competition by placing sixth in the 500 meter race. Rainey was the only member of the team to qualify for the finals of an event.

Co-Captain Erin Sugrue, who has dominated the women's high jump circuit this season, jumped only 5-ft., 7-in. and did not qualify for the finals.

"I'm in a slump, and I can't get out of it," said Sugrue, the only Harvard woman ever to jump 6-ft.

Harvard Coach Frank Haggerty, who was busy coaching the men's squad at the IC4A Championships at Harvard this weekend, said that he regretted not being with the women's team.

Freshmen Lise Vansen and Eva Klohnen ran well for the Crimson in qualifying heats but did not register any points.