Eliot House Is Big Winner in Intramural Crew Races

By Elsa C. Arnett

In the early morning winds, House crew teams raced along the MIT basin in the final round of the intramural crew competitions yesterday.

Eliot House was victorious in three of the four competitions, winning in the Men's "A", Men's "B", and Women's "B" races. Dunster House placed first in the Women's "A" race.

The Eliot Men's "A" boat will compete in the annual Henley Races in England this summer, where it will race with varsity rowers from American and British teams.

The Men's "A" boats raced for 1500 meters, while the other boats raced for 1000 meters.

Dunster House placed second out of seven boats in the Men's "A" race, coming from behind in a dramatic and very close finish, only one-half seat behind the Eliot boat. Leverett House came in third.

Dunster's Women's "A" boat won the race with open water, followed by the Adams House boat in second.

Dunster came in a close second out of eight boats in the Men's "B" race, with Lowell House third.

After a false start in the Women's "B" race, Cabot House finished second out of eight boats, with Dunster placing third.

Adams House's Men's "A" boat was disqualified before the start of the race for having a varsity rower participate in the event.

House crew teams had been preparing for the races since spring break, practicing week day mornings from 6-9 a.m. from Weld Boathouse.