Sports Cube Predicts ECAC Semis

By Julio R. Varela

St. Lawrence 6, Vermont 0: The game is scoreless going into the final period. Pete Lappin fades back and finds brother Tim in the endzone. He hits him with a bullet...

SLU plays offense the way Chopin played the piano. This year, the Saints have tickled the twines to the tune of a six-goals a game average.

They score in bunches, just like in football.

UVM sports some exciting players. If Ian Boyce did not play hockey, he'd be a ballet dancer.

Still, UVM has not been able to defeat the Saints this year. SLU has Vermont's number. The Saints will be calling again today.

Harvard 3, Clarkson 2: Harvard jumps to a 3-0 lead on a trio of Andy Janfaza short-handed goals. Fans head for the exits.

But, with two seconds left in the game, Clarkson cans a face-off into the Harvard net. Then, with one second left, Clarkson wins another face-off. The puck also ends up in the net.

Harvard goes home. Clarkson still plays. The Knights win face-off after face-off until the ECAC consolation game starts.

-Mark Brazaitis

Vermont 5, St. Lawrence 4: St. Lawrence will score four goals in the first five seconds of the game, setting a universal hockey record.

Coach Mike Gilligan will tell his Catamounts to bear down. This is Boston, not Canton, N.Y., guys. Ian Boyce tells Gilligan not to worry and goes on to score all of UVM's five goals.

Burlington will close down for a day and move en masse to Boston Garden for tomorrow's title game.

Harvard 4, Clarkson 2: The Knights will whisper "Beanpot" in the ears of the Crimson, but Harvard will play RPI-deaf.

Luciano Borsato will miss an empty-net goal.

Jerry Pawloski will not.

Goalie John Devin, after making sure that the ECAC had his correct goaltending statistics this year, will have Cap Raeder wanting to leave for Los Angeles after the game. He'll grab the red-eye to southern California but the Crimson will stick around Boston to face upstart Vermont.