Police Arrest Three Men At Science Center Stalls

Two men were arrested for committing "open and gross lewdness" and a third for suspicious behavior in the Science Center bathrooms Thursday night, according to Harvard University Police Department officials (HUPD).

The stalls in the Science Center basement facilities, which had their doors removed two years ago after students complained of incidents of homosexual acts within, were nevertheless scene to such acts again this week.

At 11:26 Thursday night, Jesus Betance, 22, and David C. Olson, 35, were arrested for "open and gross lewdness" in the bathroom.

Betance and Olson were taken to HUPD for processing, and then to the Cambridge Police Department for booking.

Earlier that night, a third man was detained by the police after allegedly "behaving suspiciously" in the bathroom, according to police reports.

The man, 28 year-old Joseph Costa of Malden, MA, was charged with criminal trespass at 7:10 Thursday evening and later released.

Costa refused to comment yesterday, and neither Betance nor Olson could be reached. HUPD officials would not explain the nature of the details of the incident.