Huskies Get Better of Icewomen in ECACs, 6-2

Sophomores Tally in Crimson's Losing Cause

By Alvar J. Mattei

The Harvard women's ice hockey team appeared pretty loose before its game against the seemingly invincible 24-0-1 Northeastern Huskies. The Crimson had everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Looseness, however, was not enough to overcome the monolithic form of Northeastern. The cross-river rivals ended Harvard's season, 6-2, last night at Matthews Arena. The Huskies will now play for the ECAC title--the most prestigious championship in national women's ice hockey--on Sunday.

Northeastern came out like a house on fire as Susie Perkins scored only eight seconds into the game and Huskie Captain Tina Cardinale tallied a minute and a half later.

But from then on, the Crimson began to establish itself. Sophomore Martina Albright notched the first Harvard goalmidway through the first period.

Northeastern then picked up two more goals fromChris Fitzgerald and Fiona Rice, which wasanswered by Harvard's Char Joslin.

Perkins completed her hat trick in the thirdperiod with goals eight minutes apart. TheHuskies--who picked up all seven penaltieswhistled in the game--gave up two five-on-threesituations totaling two minutes and 19 seconds.But the Crimson just couldn't put the puck pastKelly Dyer.

"This time they took the game from us and wedidn't give it to them as we did before in theBeanpot," said senior Co-Captain Julie Sasner. "Atleast we can get some satisfaction from that. Wegave them a good fight."

"They had to play well to beat us," saidAssistant Coach Bill MacDonald