Coucil Approves Food Survey

By J. TREVOR Mccabe

Reducing salt content in soups, serving hot breakfast later, and eliminating knockwurst and pupu platter entrees were three of the top requests of students who filled out a food survey last spring.

The survey responses, which have been sent to the Harvard Food Services, also included recommendations that the food service serve chicken less often and "avoid serving two less popular entrees at the same meal." The other top requests were to serve pasta or vegetable entrees more often, remove seafood salad and the reuben sandwich from the menu, and alter the cold breakfast schedule.

The Undergraduate Council unanimously approved the survey results at its meeting Sunday night.

Assistant Director for Administration of the Food Service Dale Hennessy, who helped coordinate the survey, said the questionnaire is "a good, well-written survey, which contains appropriate information and addresses issues in a very nice manner." She said that the food administration will seriously consider the recommendations made by the council.

Controversial Suggestion

One survey suggestion that may prove controversial is changing the hot breakfast hours from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. to 8 to 10 a.m. The survey showed that 24 percent of the respondents prefered to eat breakfast between 9:30 and 10 a.m., while only 3.8 percent preferred to eat between 7:30 and 8 a.m.