Golfers Enter Final Day

By Hank Hudepohl

Currently in 11th place out of a field of 25, the Harvard golf team enters the final round of the Toski Invitational today in Amherst, confident of improving its position.

Led by sophomore Andy Chao's 80, which included a sizzling 36 on the back nine at Hickory Ridge Country Club, the Crimson posted a team total 246, leaving it 36 strokes behind the 210 shot tally of leader Central Connecticut.

Both Captain Mike Foster and sophomore Dennis Crowley turned in 81, while junior Dave Friedman stayed near the pace with an 84.

"Everyone played respectably today, but we failed to make those few shots that separate good rounds from great rounds." Foster said. "We can expect to improve our standing."

Considering that Harvard has practiced only four times prior to the Toski tourney, the "great rounds" of Foster's vision are on the verge of becoming a reality.

"We are a young team, but a team that has had playing experience. That combination is a legitimate reason for high expectations," Foster said. "Once we establish a playing routine, our scores should get better."