W. Thinclads Seventeenth At ECAC's

For some, it was just a stepping stone to greatness. For others, it was the end of an era.

Members of the Harvard women's track team competed in the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference championships last weekend, accumulating enough points to finish 17th.

Sophomore Suzanne Jones, who will run the 10,000 meters at nationals, finished third in the 3000-meter run with a personal best of 9:25.29.

For All You Do...

While Jones was qualifying for bigger and better meets, Captain Elizabeth Ross finished her career this weekend, finishing fourth in the semifinal heat of the 400-meter hurdles race, crossing the finish line in 63.50.

Junior Romney Resney, Harvard's only other scorer in the meet besides Jones, placed third in the 10,000-meter run in 36 minutes flat.

Other competitors for the Crimson included freshman Rita Raju, who finished 10th in the triple jump with a distance of 37-ft., 10 1/2-in., and freshman Kathy Griffin. Griffin placed seventh in the shotput with a toss of 13.06 meters and seventh in the hammerthrow with a distance of 44.60 meters.

THE NOTEBOOK: Junior Meredith Rainey has already qualified for nationals in the 400-meter run.