Asst. Dean To Be Tutor In Adams

By Stephen J. Newman

Janet E. Viggiani, the College's assistant dean for coeducation, has been named senior tutor of Adams House, she said this week.

Viggiani acts as the College's liaison to the gay, lesbian and bisexual community and handles sexual harassment concerns. She will continue as assistant dean.

"Janet Viggiani is one of the most sensitive and articulate people at Harvard, especially on sexual harassment issues and bisexual, gay and lesbian issues," said Clarissa C. Kripke '89, a member of the Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issues Network, which Viggiani coordinates. "She should be an ideal person to talk to in the house."

Viggiani said she views the role of the senior tutor as being concerned with "the academic and emotional well-being of all the students in the house." She said the doctoral dissertation on the psychology of self-confidence she is preparing for the Graduate School of Education will aid her in her new role. vacated by Greg A. Johnson, said she will also reside in the house.

The assistant dean also said she will stop taking new clients for a career-counseling service she runs. runs.