W. Ruggers Match Up Evenly With Green, 4-4

By J.j. Patterson

In a game marked by inclement weather and tough defense, the Radcliffe rugby club played Dartmouth to a 4-4 tie in Hanover, N.H., last Saturday.

Co-Captain Alex Williams scored a try in the first half to give Radcliffe (3-1-1) the early lead. But the Black and White was unable to score the conversion, and was held scoreless for the remainder of the match.

The second half saw Radcliffe play lackadaisically early and pay dearly for it. Dartmouth struck back with a try of its own, but like the Black and White, was unable to execute on the conversion.

Radcliffe started a final surge in Dartmouth's half near the game's conclusion, but was unable to break through the Big Green's line and the tie stood.

"We played a fast-paced game today, and we played up to the level of competition," senior Keiko Morris said. "With the exception of their goal, we controlled the tempo throughout, but we couldn't break through at the end."

Scrummy

The Black and White's scrum and line out play was vastly improved from last weekend's performance against MIT. During the 14-4 victory over the Engineers, Radcliffe was inconsistent in both areas. Backs Yolanda Lewis and Valeria Scott were especially active against the Big Green, advancing the ball with more precision than they did against the Engineers.

"We thought a lot more on the field against Dartmouth," Morris said. "The MIT game was an ugly one, but our scrum and line out work was up to par this weekend."