Time For Multiple ORGASMs

MAIL:

To the Editors of The Crimson:

Let me be the first Harvard undergraduate to commend the Organization for the Advancement of Sexual Minorities (ORGASM) for its crusade to "cover the campus with positive sex-positive imagery," and thereby show the world that Harvard is not going to be intimidated by a small cabal of ultra-conservative facists attempting to censor art that they deem "pornographic" or "immoral."

I think it is truly wonderful that in the next two weks, I am going to see the telephone poles and street lamps of Cambridge saturated with photographs of people sodomizing cattle and cattle sodomizing people and the like. In fact, I think that visitors to Harvard should be shown a sculpture not of John Harvard sitting down on a chair, but of John Harvard sitting down on John Adams, or at least Abigail.

My only problem with ORGASM is that its sole aim is to protect censored art. There are many other things besides art that have been cruelly and unconstitutionally censored. That is why a group of friends and I are forming a group called the soCiety fOr americaN freeDOM of expression. (Incidentally, because the acronym for this organization would be the rather placid and uninspiring "SAFE," we have decided to follow ORGASM's provocative lead by capitalizing the letters in such a way that our acronym is CONDOM.)

CONDOM's goal will be to give Harvard students visual, auditory and tactile access to objects which have been unfairly suppressed in America. Our first project is to drive a Ford Pinto into the middle of Harvard Yard. Secondly, we will douse Archie Epps and Joseph Nye in Tab Cola. Then, we will stop at nothing short of a Core course discussing the needlessly canceled NBC hit, "Manimal."

Other projects will be the forced replacement of the teeth of Derek Bok with wooden dentures and petitioning the University for the thalidomization of the water supply.

Our organization already has more than 50 members, and it may at this point be larger than ORGASM; however, if this is the case, we would love to incorporate the other group with ours. CONDOM would be more than happy to have an ORGASM inside it.

I think I speak for all Harvard and Radciffe students when I hope ORGASM lasts a long, long time. David Javerbaum '93