Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Just Joking

MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

I would like to respond to the article written about me in the November 7 issue of The Crimson. I was grossly misquoted, and several comments were construed to innaccurately portray me as "reveling in a non-serious academic approach."

By my comment that I don't take things as seriously as I did my first year, I meant that I would no longer get stressed out to the point of crying during an exam. This does not mean that I do not take academics seriously, and I believe my academic record is evidence of this.

I was very upset about the "quote" attributed to me about talking my friends into sicking out of exams. I made the unfortunate mistake of mentioning to the reporter a joke which is not taken seriously by me or any of my friends. I was obviously joking, and certainly did not intend to be taken seriously.

I approached the interview with a lighthearted attitude and a sense of humor. When I read the article, I felt like it was about someone else. Had I realized that such a negative angle would be used in writing the article, I would never even agreed to be interviewed.

I do not believe that it was the intention of the reporter to misquote me, and would threrefore suggest that in the future, a tape recorder be used during interviews to avoid this. Kathy Dowling '91