Praise for `Mark on the Right'

MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

Congratulations to Mark J. Sneider '93 and His regular series of columns on the editorial page of The Crimson, "Mark on the Right." Sneider has succeeded that has been long lacking from the Harvard community--rational discourse on the merits of PC ideology.

While Many on the right have been quick to criticize the Crimson's editorial staff for the many left-leaning stands it has taken in the past, charging that its ideological imbalance invalidates it as a forum for student opinion, Sneider has instead decided to do something about it. By regularly presenting viewpoints that would otherwise not be broached on the editorial page, as well as often co-writing dissenting opinions with Liam T.A. Ford `91', Sneider is beginning to restore a much-needed balance to Harvard's only daily newspaper.

This new Situation is one which should please all students. Now right-leaning moderates and conservatives will have their "voice," an editorial column which can address their concerns, a collegiate version of the nationally prominent Jeffrey Hart and William Rusher.

They should also be glad that the voice is Sneider's--an intellectual conservative whom I Know, through personal experience, can be expected to fairly evaluate each situation on its merits, evaluate each situation on its merits, rather than simply reacting in a knee-jerk manner. Harry James Willson '93