Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Law Professor

MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

The Crimson's coverage of the Law School's offer of a visiting professorship to Gerald Torres was inadequate. Some information about his background and area of scholarship would have been of interest and quite appropriate in an article ostensibly about Torres. Instead, the article merely disclosed the facts that Torres is a professor at the University of Minnesota Law School and that he is Hispanic. Torres's ethnicity may be newsworthy in light of the history of Hispanic legal scholarship at Harvard Law School. But to devote an article to his appointment without mentioning his scholarly work inevitably suggests that the quality of that work was an insignificant factor in his appointment.

Other Crimson articles about appointment of faculty have generally alluded to the scholar's area of research or teaching interests in a paragraph or two. David Greenwald '90