Police Make Drug Arrest In Adams Parking Lot

By Joshua A. Gerstein

Harvard police arrested three men in a parking lot next to Adams House Friday night after an officer allegedly observed them engaging in a drug deal, police said yesterday.

According to police, Bernard Gibbons, 23, of Cambridge was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute. Neil Tompkins, 25, of Winchester and Anthony Ayaleeni, 28, of Revere, were charged with possession of cocaine.

"The officers observed them in the rear of 9 Bow St. doing some kind of transaction with a white, powdery substance," said police records manager Carl A. Tempesta.

"When the plainclothes officer identified himself, one of the suspects ran," Tempesta said. Two other officers later arrested the man who had fled, according to Tempesta.

The 9 Bow St. building is occupied by the Center for Population Studies of the School of Public Health. It is adjacent to Adams House and the Bow and Arrow Pub.

According to police, the men were scheduled to appear in court yesterday. Details of their arraignments not available yesterday afternoon.

In an apparently unrelated incident, police arrested a man Sunday night after they allegedly caught him breaking into the liquor room at the Hasty Pudding Club.

At about 10 p.m., Richard A. Wilson, 38, was arrested in the basement of 12 Holyoke St. after people in the building reported the alleged break-in, according to Harvard police.

After the arrest, police brought a shopping bag filled with liquor bottles out of the building. Police said yesterday that they believe Wilson is homeless.