Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Wright Concert Plans Are Almost Definite

By Jeffrey C. Wu

The Undergraduate Council will almost certainly secure a spring concert performance by deadpan comedian Steven Wright over the weekend, former council social chair Eugene S. Kim '92 said yesterday.

Kim said that Wright had verbally confirmed the concert last Friday and that the final contract would probably be signed by Monday.

The council will pay Wright $10,500 for the April 6 concert, which will be made up of a 50-minute routine and a 20-minute film starring Wright. Kim said there was also a possibility that the Harvard improvisational comedy group On Thin Ice might appear as the opening act.

The performance will take place in Sanders Theater and tickets will probably cost $10 if bought in advance, and $12 at the door, Kim said.

Although the council was previously unsuccessful in negotiating a Wright show in February, Kim said his negotiating position had been strengthened when the Harvard Lampoon offered the comedian an award.

"It bolstered the bid," Kim said. But he said that tough negotiating had still been necessary. "The key to the whole situation was that we didn't budge when the ante went up," Kim said, referring the threat of Wright's promoter that the comedian would not perform at Harvard unless the council paid for his $2400 airfare.

Kim also said that negotiations with reggae musician Ziggy Marley were proceeding smoothly and that Marley would soon be pressed to confirm his final concert dates. Marley has said he will perform at Harvard either in April or May of this spring.