Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Batswomen Scratch Out One Hit in Two Games

By Mick Stern

In the opening game of its twin bill with Connecticut, the Harvard softball team managed only one hit off Huskie pitcher Kim Mizasko--a single by catcher Nancy Johnson.

So in the nightcap, Huskie hurler Sue Rybczmk didn't give up any hits to the listless Crimson bats. In fact, it was Rybczmk's hit--a beaning of another Harvard catcher, Liz Resnick--that spoiled her attempt for a perfect game in Storrs, Conn.

Those two hits were not enough to save the Crimson (3-20 overall, 1-3 Ivy League) from dropping both games to the Huskies on Thursday afternoon, 5-1 and 6-0.

UConn--ranked eighteenth in the nation and first in New England--used a combination of excellent pitching and timely offense to overcome a strong pitching outing by tireless Harvard sophomore Julie "China" Fromholz.

In the first contest, Fromholz pitched a scoreless six innings before yielding five runs in the seventh on a combination of hits and errors. Meanwhile, Mizasko was pitching her sparkling one-hitter to pick up the win, striking out 11 while walking two. The Crimson managed to chalk up a run in the contest on three walks and a wild pitch, but Johnson's base hit was the only noise Harvard's bats made all day.

In the nightcap, UConn took an early 2-0 lead against Fromholz, which was more than Rybczmk