At Harvard

Listings for the week of October 10 to 16

Thursday

Theater

Salome--by Oscar Wilde. At 7:30 p.m. at the Loeb Experimental Theatre.

Other People's Money--at the Poets' Theatre through Oct. 20.

Lectures

The USAID Democracy Initiative in Africa--with David Gordon of Abt Associates. At 12:30 p.m. in room 2 of Coolidge Hall.

The Bar at the Center of the Galaxy--with Leo Blitz of the University of Maryland. At 4 p.m. in the Phillips Auditorium at 60 Garden St.

The Culinary Dostoevsky: Appetite, Anthropophagy and Apocalypse--with Professor Ronald LeBlanc of the University of New Hampshire. At 4:15 p.m. in room 4 of Coolidge Hall.

Exploration of Ascetism in Culture and Patristic Greek Religion--with Richard Valentassis of the Divinity School. At 4:15 p.m. at the Center for Literary and Cultural Studies at 61 Kirkland St.

Parody and Later Comedy--with Heinz-Gunther Nasselrath, research fellow with the University of Cologne. At 5 p.m. in Boylston Hall.

Managing Your Career in a Recession: Strategies for Professional Women--a panel. At 7 p.m. in the Cronkhite Graduate Center at 6 Ash St.

Constructive and Destructive Uses of Film Propaganda: Case Studies from Jewish History--with Marilyn Koolik of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. At 8 p.m. in the forum room at Lamont Library.

Exhibits

Fragments of China: Pictures by Mark Leong--at the Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts at 24 Quincy St. until Oct. 27. Call 495-3251

Friday