Socialist Club to Protest Paglia

Group Opposes Philadelphia Scholar's 'Anti-P.C.' Views

By Mark W. Brown

The International Socialists Club (ISC) is planning a demonstration against scholar Camille Paglia to protest her "anti-p.c." views, said club members at a meeting last night.

Paglia, who will be speaking at the Old Cambridge Baptist Church next Tuesday, has made waves in the last year as an outspoken critic of feminist and multicultural scholarship.

The group will attempt a "splashy effect" by posting leaflets, drawing up placards, making slogans of purpose and contacting other student groups, according to ISC member Bob A. Dahlgren.

Paglia is a professor of humanities at the Philadelphia School of the Arts. She is currently touring colleges across the nation in support of her new book entitled "Sexual Personae: Art and Decadence from Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson."

Other Groups to Participate

The organizers have contacted the Black Student Alliance and the Progressive Student Association, both of which have shown interest in the demonstration according to ISC member Anne Sydor.

"She says she is the real feminist because she wants women to be like men. Men are one way, women are another way. She refuses to address that there is such a thing as sexism," Sydor said.

Paglia recently addressed a crowd of 1000 at MIT about the deleterious effect of the politically correct ideology on university education in America, according to Dahlgren.