LECTURES

"Building a Leninist Revolutionary Party"--a Spartacus Youth Club talk with Pam Elliott of the Spartacist League. Tuesday, Dec. 17 at 8 p.m. in William James Hall. For information call 492-3928.

"The American Wilderness, Revisited"--a photography show and discussion about the areas that have come to represent the American wilderness with photographer David Mussina. At Boston's Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Ave., in the Mabel Louise Riley Seminar Room. Sunday, Dec. 15 at 2 p.m. For information call 536-3315.

"The Evolution of the Landscape from the Renaissance to Romanticism"--a Museum of Fine Arts gallery talk with Jeffrey Fontana. At the Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Ave., Boston. Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. For information call 267-9300x300.

"The Supreme Court Nomination Process and The Politics of Race and Sex"--with MIT Professor of Political Science Margaret Burnham. The lecture is part of the Gender and Politics Series. At MIT, Building E38, room 714, 292 Main St. Kendall Square. Thursday, Dec. 12 at 5:30 p.m., preceded by a reception at 5 p.m. For information call 253-3581.

Author David Foster Wallace--author of The Broom of the System and Girl with Curious Hairwill read from his memoir, "Tennis, Trigonometry, Tornadoes." In Charlesbank Bookshops at the Boston University Bookstore Mall, fifth floor reading room, 660 Beacon St., Boston. Thursday, Dec. 12, at 7 p.m. For information call 236-7425.