THEATER

A Celebration of Haitian Culture--a performance by poet-playwright Jean-Claude Martineau and the Hibiscus Company including poetry, songs and stories in Creole and English and drumming by a master drummer. In Boston's Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Ave., in the Remis Auditorium. Sunday, Dec. 15, at 3 p.m. For information call 536-3315.

The Firebird--a giant shadow puppet spectacle based on Stravinsky's ballet suite, presented by the Underground Railway Theater. In the Arlington Center for the Arts in the former Gibbs Junior High School at 41 Foster St., Arlington, one block off Mass. Ave. Thursday and Friday, Dec. 12 and 13, at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 14 at 1 and 3 p.m. Tickets are $6, and are available by calling 643-6916.

Hamlet--by William Shakespeare, presented by the American Repertory Theatre. At the Loeb Drama Center, 64 Brattle St. Performances run through Sunday, Jan. 12 and showtimes are Tuesdays through Fridays at 8 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 2 and 8 p.m. Ticket prices range from $17 to $38, and are available by calling 547-8300.

True West--by Sam Shepard, presented by New Rep. True West shatters the myth of the all-American family. In the New Repertory Theatre, 54 Lincoln St., Newton Highlands, one block from the Newton Highlands Green Line T stop. The play runs through Sunday, Dec. 15 and shows Thursdays and Fridays at 8 p.m., Saturdays at 5 and 8:30 p.m. and Sundays at 3 and 7:30 p.m. Ticket prices range from $12 to $20, and are available by calling 332-1646.