Aquamen March on to Easy Triumph

Hold those budget cuts. If last night's Harvard men's swimming meet is any indication, Army can use all the help--financial or otherwise--that it can get.

Representing the cultural elite, a determined Crimson squad took to the water, and the season, with a splash at West Point.

Facing off against the Cadets, defending Easterns champ Harvard splashed its way to a 217-83 victory. The Crimson was paced by Richard Ou, Richard Davik, and Rick Osterberg.

Ou owned the breaststroke, nailing down a first-place finish in both the 100 and the 200 meters. Dzavik prevailed in the 1000 freestyle and 200 butterfly, while Osterberg triumphed in the 200- and 500-meter freestyle.

The Cadets' lone triumph--a Corey Braddock victory in the 200 breaststroke--wasn't enough to stop the Crimson machine. With nine returning seniors and a promising crop of recruits, the aquamen promise to keep things toast down at Blodgett Pool.

And, while upcoming Ivy meets against Princeton and Yale may prove more challenging than last night's frolic, the Crimson oughtn't worry about the future at this point. For the time being, all is well--and undefeated--in chlorine land.

Written by the Crimson staff.