Am I Bitter? Maybe.

TO THE EDITORS OF THE CRIMSON:

Gloating and petty disparagement have never been the hallmarks of a gracious winner, but then how much could we expect given The Crimson's unbiased (ha, ha) coverage of the 1992 presidential race?

Was Beth L. Pinsker's editorial on November 4 ("Get a Job") an attempt at comedy?

If the election was, as most of the liberals around Cambridge would have you believe, an "historic moment" that may well change the course of this nation's history, couldn't she think of anything a bit more important on which to comment?

I will say, however, that the depth of each vignette was breathtaking. Only a shrewd observer of the political scene could've crafted such incisive jabs at members (and pets) of the fallen administration.

Particularly impressive were the suggestion that Richard B. Darman is fit only to "count the number of hamburgers served at McDonald's" and the elegant description of the United States armed forces as "war people."

P.J. O'Rourke, look out!

Does Pinsker know what it's like to have a "real job"? Do snide, shallow and sloppy (can't The Crimson afford a damn spell checker?) editorials in a college daily contribute more to society than the unselfish service of public officials, Democrat or Republican, nationwide?

There is a lot to be said, humorous or otherwise, in the wake of a fairly amazing election season. Unfortunately, you said none of it.

Am I bitter? Maybe.

Is she funny? No.

Granted, this response is long on criticism and short on substance, but isn't that the prerogative that you've enjoyed for the last 12 years? David K. Zierk '93