Dunster House Stages Mock `Family Feud'

By Ganesh Ramakrishnan, Crimson Staff Writer

Dunsterites matched their wits last night as they gauged popular student sentiment in the house's annual "family" feud.

"Families" of five members each attempted to guess survey responses to various questions in the style of the television game show "Family Feud."

"It's definitely a great idea," said Justin Goodyear `95. "Dunster House has a wonderful tradition of successfully imitating popular game shows, and it certainly helps us to get to know each other better."

Organizers conducted surveys during the past week that forced Dunster residents to ponder such varied questions as "Who is the sexiest tutor in Dunster?" and "Who is most likely to be the next U.S. president/vice president from Dunster?"

"The response [to the questionnaires] has been great," said Natalie T. Boutin `94, chair of the house committee. "Every questionnaire that we put out over the last few days has been filled."

While the "families" matched their knowledge of Dunster idiosyncrasies, other students showed off their noisemaking and posturing prowess as the `right-wrong' buzzers sounded under the direction of hosts Peter J. Kolovas `93 and Gordon N. Lederman `93.

The feud elicited heated audience involvement and squeals of laughter as participants debated the credulity of the most popular Dunster nicknames, including "Where the good times come to die" and "Adams by the sea." The "families" also wrestled with the question of whether "Skincredibles" or "Oxfam Night" was the Dining Hall item that best described the typical Dunsterite's sex life.

Several mock fights erupted between the spirited participants as they played out to the cheering audience.