Sister Souljah to Talk At Law School Tonight

By Anna D. Wilde, Crimson Staff Writer

Sister Souljah, a rap artist who has collaborated with the group Public Enemy, will speak at Harvard Law School tonight.

Souljah, who has appeared on talk shows including The Donahue Show as an example of "the new generation of Black militants," was invited by the Black Law Students Association (BLSA).

Renee C. Pruitt, vice-president of the BLSA, said that Souljah will speak on the importance of self-education, especially for Black women. The address is called "The Re-Education of the Negro."

"She says they have to realize who they are...instead of letting other people define who they are," Pruitt said.

Souljah has most recently pro- voked controversy with her video "The FinalSolution: Slavery's Back in Effect," which shows afictional scenario of an unnamed U.S. Presidentand "Vice-President Duke" Declaring Black slaverylegal.

Zaheer R. Ali '94, vice president of theundergraduate Black Students Association, said hisorganization is cosponsoring the event. "Wedecided to co-sponsor it as another part of fouryear-long celebration of Black history and Blackculture," Ali said.

The event will occur at 7:30 tonight at theAmes Courtroom in Austin Hall. Only people withUniversity or College IDs will be admitted