Police Remove Currier Trespassers

Teenagers Snooping Around Rooms, Ejected From Area

By Rodolfo J. Fernandez, Contributing Reporter

Officers of the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) removed two teenagers from Currier House Sunday night, according to HUPD Chief Paul E. Johnson.

The police were called in by a Currier resident after Assistant Senior Tutor Steve Campagna-Pinto asked the teenagers to leave the premises.

The police did not make any arrests.

The teenagers "were snooping around Currier, trying doors out," said Todd S. Atkinson '93, a resident of the house who witnessed the incident. "They tired the [house] master's door, but it was locked," he added.

"Steve asked them to leave politely when he found them attempting to open doors, but they responded by badmouthing him," Atkinson said.

Atkinson said that one of the teenagers claimed that his father was a University employee and that there-fore "he has the right to be there."

When the police arrived they required the minors to identify themselves, but no arrests were made. "We would lock them up if we had anything to lock them up for, but with minors it is tough to take any action," said Johnson.

"We just run it through and take their names down so that the third time we come across them, we can take it a step further," added Johnson.