Police Question Suspected Flasher

By Sarah G. Matthews, Contributing Reporter

A man who allegedly masturbated in front of a woman in Lamont Library last night was questioned by police early this morning.

The same man exposed himself to another woman in Lamont on Tuesday night, according to library employees.

University police officials refused to identify the man or comment on the case because no charges have been filed.

Police officials said the man volunteered to answer questions and was not detained.

Harvard police arrived at Lamont at about 10 p.m. yesterday in response to a call from a library supervisor. Police could not find the man after searching for a half-hour.

The man was spotted again shortly after 11 p.m. and police approached him on the first floor.

According to witnesses, the man cooperated with police officers.

"The police asked him if he wanted to come to the station and clear up a few things," said a student. "He walked out with them of his own free will."

According to the Lamont circulation supervisor, the suspect is a white male, about 5'9," who is in his mid-twenties. He has short, dark brown hair and was wearing a brown tweed overcoat over a suit and tie.

The supervisor said the police attempted to apprehend the suspect Tuesday night, but he escaped through a first-floor emergency exit.