MSA Welcomes All

MAIL

From the events of last week, a couple things are clearer to the Minority Student Alliance, a group composed of representatives from AAA, BSA, CSA, Hillel, KSA, La O and Raza. First, it's times like these we see the need for minority coalition building. It would be unfortunate for S. Allen Counter's letter to The Crimson two week's ago to divide minority groups.

Second, Counter's letter and the ensuing controversy point out need for the different minority groups and the Foundation to talk to each other the Minority Student Alliance believes that, just as Counter said, there needs to be more dialogue and understanding. The MA believes that to avoid future controversies as this all groups need to talk and listen. More specifically, in the fall MA is planning more extensive coalition building through a joint, multi-cultural publication, a speaker series and joint community service. MA presently meets Thursday at 9 p.m. in Lamont 403 and welcomes discussion from the Harvard community.

MSA feels that emotions now should not cloud our vision of better ethnic relations. We realize that sensitivity is necessary in furthering communication. Elizabeth Bernal, Raza representative   Andrew Chen, CSA representative   Zaire Dinzey, La O representative   Megan Lewis, Hillel representative   Susan Tien, AAA representative   Andrew Ileto, AAA representative