All-Ivy Snub to Laxmen

Bentley, Prusmack Named '93 Captains

By Y. TAREK Farouki, Crimson Staff Writer

With the 1992 season in the books, the Harvard men's lacrosse team is thinking about something a little bit more pleasant--next year.

At a team meeting Wednesday, the Crimson chose juniors Eric Bentley and Chad Prusmack as captains, to lead it into the 1993 season.

Both Prusmack and Bentley provided solid play that might be lost in the Crimson's dismal 4-9 record.

Prusmack, Harvard's face-off man, anchored the midfield line on defense while Bentley shined as Harvard's toughest defender.

Bentley said that he and Prusmack are excited for next year and the team will be able improve on its performance this season.

Bentley was recently named to the 1992 All-Ivy second team and was the only member of the Crimson to be recognized this year.

Noticeable absent from the list is senior Chris Miller, the Harvard goalie.

Miller was one of the only consistently strong forces on the team this year. the Leverett senior also had the best overall save percentage in the league, but did not even receive an Honorable Mention, that award going to Cornell's Tim Shea, who played fewer minutes, had fewer saves, more goals against, a worse save percentage and a higher goals per game average.

Brown's star attacker senior Brian Lowe received the Ivy Player of the Year award, and the Bear's fabulous freshman Greg Rozycki go Rookie of the Year.

The team that cleaned up, however, was third-ranked Princeton. the Ivy league champion Tigers grabbed six of the ten first team spots.